This page has been set up to keep you informed on the latest on the Coronavirus. We will update this page as new information becomes available. Please contact the district if you have any questions.
- All Area & Division Contest Postponed and can be done online
- District 29 COVID 19 Update
- District 29 COVID 19 Guidance Document by Dana G. Richard, DTM
- District 29 COVID 19 Guidance Slide
- News: Virginia confirms new coronavirus case bringing the total of 9
- News: Virginia Department of Health confirms the third case of Coronavirus
- News: Coronavirus State by State
- Consumer Reports: Coronavirus Symptoms – What To Do
- Toastmasters International Coronavirus Update
- Guidance from Toastmasters International sent 3/12/2020 related to club meetings, contests and conferences:
Due to the evolving impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Board of Directors has made the following exceptions, effective immediately and until further notice:
- All clubs in all Districts can meet entirely online, as needed.
- Speech contests may be conducted online at the Area and Division levels.
Refer to the attached speech contest document for more information.
We understand the impact on club meetings and speech contests varies. As such, some clubs or speech contests may need to be conducted online, while others may continue in person. We encourage you to support the club officers in your District and your speech contest team in making the best decision for your members. The well-being of all members is top priority. At this time, District conferences are still expected to be held in person. However, they may need to be cancelled or postponed due to restrictions.