What is Public Relations?
Public Relations (PR) is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their public.
Public Relations Goals in Toastmasters
It is the responsibility of the Vice President Public Relations (VPPR) in your club and the District Public Relations Manager (PRM) to generate positive awareness of the Toastmasters brand for the purpose of attracting and retaining members. It requires keeping the public (external audience) and members (internal audience) informed about club or district activities through effective communication channels and media relations. Good public relations will build membership and gain public recognition.
- Toastmasters Public Relations Resources
- Toastmasters International Media Center
- Learn more about District 29
- District 29 Photo Gallery
- District 29 TV Show – Mastering Business Communication
Join the District 29 Online Community!
Please Follow, Share, Post, Mention, and Like District 29 Pages and Groups on Social Media and/or Join our Website Blog:
Submit your content or content requests to the District 29 PR Team:
The District 29 PR Team wants your ideas and content to be featured on our District Social Media and/or our website. This is great publicity for your club and/or members!
- Please send us your ideas, volunteers, and/or submissions for newsletter/blog articles, social media posts, youtube videos, and podcasts. You can also join our writing/editing team!
- Please send your quotes, motivational advice, and tips or thoughts of the day ideas to be featured.
- Send us your Club photos and Member spotlights to be featured on our new “Member or Club Spotlight” posts
- We want your Word of the Day submissions to be featured on “Word of the Week” posts
- We are accepting “Throwback Thursday” submissions – please send us photos and/or stories to share from your club’s historical archives.
- Is your club struggling with an issue that you would like more content provided on to help you and other clubs? Please send your ideas to help us develop content that benefits you!
Please send your ideas to the District 29 Public Relations Manager, Rachel Grandpre ACS, ALB (Put “PR IDEA“) in your subject line.
JOIN THE District PR TEAM!
For additional information about District 29 Public Relations, please contact the Public Relations Manager.