District 29 Leadership Structure
The MEMBER is the most important person in the Toastmasters International organization. District 29 covers the western part of the Virginia suburbs of Washington DC and has close to 5000 members in ~130 clubs (Find a Club).
The CLUB is built upon the foundation of its members. It takes 20 members to charter a new club. Under the direction and leadership of the Club’s Executive Committee (Officers), members work together to meet specific goals within the Distinguished Club Program (DCP). Club Officers include the President, Immediate Past President, Vice President Education, Vice President Membership, Vice President Public Relations, Treasurer, Secretary, and Sergeant At Arms.
CLUBS are grouped into AREAS consisting of 4 to 6 Clubs. An Area Director is appointed as a resource person and the Club’s principal contact with the Division Director and with Toastmasters International.
AREAS are organized into DIVISIONS with 4 to 6 Areas per Division. A Division Director is elected or assigned to help coordinate the activities of the Area Directors and to provide educational opportunities that benefit all Clubs in the Division. Meet your Division Leaders.
DIVISIONS are grouped together to form DISTRICTS. There are 7 Divisions in District 29:
- Division A – South Fairfax County (Springfield, Burke, Fort Belvoir locations)
- Division B – Central Fairfax County (Fairfax, GMU, Merrifield, Hunter Mill locations)
- Division C – Northeast Fairfax County (Tysons Corner, McLean locations)
- Division D – Northwest Fairfax County (Reston, Herndon locations)
- Division E – Loudoun County (Leesburg, Sterling, Ashburn locations)
- Division F – Western NOVA (West Fairfax, Western Prince William, Fauquier, Warrenton, Culpeper, Madison, Page, Rappahannock, Orange, Greene & Shenandoah Counties)
- Division G – Southern NOVA (Eastern Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George, & Westmoreland Counties)
A District Director, Program Quality Director, and Club Growth Director (also known as the “District Trio” are elected by the Clubs to coordinate the Toastmasters International program in the Divisions that comprise the District.
Click to view the District 29 Map
DISTRICTS are organized into groups called REGIONS, the largest administrative grouping. Two people from a Region are elected to sit on the Board of Toastmasters International. District 29 is within Region 7. Our region is composed of 8 Districts, and is one of 14 Regions that make up Toastmasters International.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors of Toastmasters International are voluntary elected positions, headed up by a President, President-Elect, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Directors from the Regions and a Program Director. They work together to provide an educational program which is then administered by the other levels of the Toastmasters International organization.
World Headquarters has more than 150 professionals headed by the Chief Executive Officer. They oversee the daily operation of the organization, providing materials and assistance to Clubs and Districts.