It is once again that time of year – the time to nominate leaders who are committed to the future success of District 29. District Leadership provides an opportunity for members to make a significant contribution to the success of our organization while at the same time developing their own leadership skills.
Serving as 1 year as a District leader is a requirement to become a Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) in Pathways and in the legacy education program. The 2019-2020 year is the last year that can count towards completing the District leadership requirement for any legacy education awards.
If you or someone you know has the desire and motivation to make a difference in the performance of District 29, we ask that you please submit a nomination. You are also encouraged to nominate yourself!
District Leadership positions open for nomination are:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division Directors (A,B,C,D,E,F,G)
Prerequisites for each of these offices are found in the Call For Nominations: District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities document.
The Nomination Process is as follows:
- The due date for completed applications is March 2, 2019.
- Applications should be emailed or mailed to District Leadership Committee (DLC) Chair and Immediate Past District Director Amy Brener, DTM at [email protected]; Address: 6357 Silas Burke St., Burke, VA 22015; Phone: (571)216-8615
- Candidates may be nominated or self-nominate by submitting a “District Leader Nominating Form.”
- If you wish to nominate a fellow Toastmaster, please discuss that with that candidate before submitting the “District Leader Nominating Form.” Note: only one “District Leader Nominating Form” for each candidate/position is required.
- All candidates will need to complete a “Candidate Application Form” and “Officer Agreement and Release Statement.”
- The District Leadership Committee will process each application for completeness and contact candidates for missing information.
- All candidates will go through a formal interview process with the District Leadership Committee. A date will be set for the interviews and candidates will be called to arrange an interview time.
- The slate of nominated candidates will be announced in April.
- Candidates for all elected positions will be voted on and elected at the District Spring Conference during the District Council Business Meeting on May 11, 2019.
The following documents are available for download (click the links below):
- District Leader Nomination Form
- Call For Nominations, District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Candidate Application
- Officer Agreement and Release Statement
If you have any questions, please contact DLC Chair Amy Brener, whose contact information is above.