It is time to nominate leaders for the 2021-2022 program year who are committed to the success of District 29. If you have or know a fellow Toastmaster with the passion and desire to make a difference in the future of our district, please submit a nomination form (attached). Also attached is the District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities document so you can see the descriptions for the elected leader positions as well as the other district leader positions. Completing a full term (1-year) in these district leader positions satisfies the district leader requirement towards Distinguished Toastmaster.
We are currently calling for elected leader nominations. The other leader positions will be appointed by the newly elected District Director. The elected district leader positions are:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- 7 Division Directors (A, B, C, D, E, F, G)
Submission of the nominating form will be used as a declaration to run. By no means does this bind the candidate to run for office. The candidate may choose to opt out of the process any time before elections are formally held in May. Therefore, if you have a nominee interested in a district leader position, I would urge you to submit their names now. They will find this as a valuable learning experience in their Toastmaster journey.
The nomination process is as follows:
- Return completed nominating form as soon as feasible and before 30 January 2021. Email completed form to Shu Bartholomew
- You may nominate yourself or if you nominate another Toastmaster, please ensure you have discussed your nomination with your candidate before submitting the form.
- Only 1 nominating form is required per person.
- Once the nominating form is received, the candidate will be sent the required application forms and additional information for the position(s) he or she is nominated for.
- The District Leadership Committee (DLC) will process each application and contact the candidate if additional information is required.
- Each candidate’s eligibility will be verified against the requirements then an interview will be scheduled in March 2021 for the qualified candidates.
- The DLC will complete the evaluations and interviews by 31 March 2021. at which time the DLC will present our report to the District Director such that the nominated candidates can be announced in April on our website and at each of the Spring Division Contests.
- Elections will take place at the Annual District Council Meeting on 16 May 2021 during the District 29 Annual Conference where our District Council will vote for their choices.
Toastmasters International changed the rules for floor candidates. Prior to running from the floor, a candidate for District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, or Division Director must have completed the DLC’s evaluation process in the same election cycle in which the candidate stands for election at the annual District Council meeting for that specific role. Therefore, pop up floor candidates will no longer be allowed unless the DLC had a chance to evaluate their qualifications prior to the Annual District Council Meeting.
The DLC members this year are past district leaders who have no intent to run in the upcoming elections and have familiarity with their respective divisions. Your DLC is committed to bring forward the best possible slate of candidates for our District Council to vote on. They are:
- Division A – Yolanda Harland
- Division B – Marsha Collins
- Division C – Joyce Michaud
- Division D – Trin Xue
- Division E – Lynne Cordary
- Division F – David Chase
- Division G – Ingrid Thomas
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Shu Bartholomew DTM ([email protected])
District Leadership Committee Chair
Past District Governor
District Leaders Nominating Form: https://toastmasterscdn.azureedge.net/medias/files/department-documents/district-documents/450c-district-leader-nominating-form.pdf
Call for Nominations: District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities https://toastmasterscdn.azureedge.net/medias/files/department-documents/district-documents/call-for-nominations.pdf